Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Abstract Card

Growing up I loved to make collages out of construction paper and pictures from magazines.  I used to save all the wrapping paper from my Christmas and birthday presents to make collages.  It was cheap entertainment for a country girl.  This love of paper evolved through the years.  In college I took several art classes and that's where I realized my love for abstract art.  One thing I love about abstract art is there are no rules, anything goes.  This abstract card was a lot of fun to make.  So, get the scissors and adhesive out and go abstract!    

Abstract Card Directions:
  1. Make card from cardstock, or use ready made card.  Finished size: 4.75" x 6.5".
  2. Trim white cardstock slightly smaller than card.
  3. Cut desired shapes and adhere to white cardstock.
  4. Stamp sentiment, punch holes, attach and wrap twine around cardstock, adhere brads, and use dimensionals.
  5. Adhere abstract image to card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊