Friday, June 6, 2014

Cowboy Birdie Card


It's getting close to Father's Day and I've been working on ideas for my dad. This Cowboy Birdie Card is a strong possibility. I love the adorable yellow bird image by Doodle Pantry, it just makes me smile. When creating this card I used the manliest colors in my stash that coordinated with the pre-colored image. The patterned paper is from the Smarty Pants collection by Simple Stories. I used Crushed Curry, Cherry Cobbler and Gumball Green Stampin' Up! cardstock as accent colors. The small banners were punched using the Stampin' Up! banner punch (133519) and I hand cut the sentiment banner. The final touch was three pewter brads. I decided not to use Happy Father's Day on the front of the card because if I don't use it for that occasion it will fit many others throughout the year. Well partner I'd say this here card is pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself. Enjoy the rest of your day and thanks for stopping by!

My Cowboy Birdie Card is entered into the following challenges:

9 comments:

  1. Great card, love the bright colours & the cute birdie!

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yee -Haw, I agree a pretty darn cute card, suitable for most masculine events, including Father's Day. Thanks for joining in our fun at Cardz 4 Guyz. I have noted your request for the Guest Designer application, thank you. Good luck. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is sooo cute. I love the papers, they work really well with the image
    Thanks for joining us this week at TCCCB
    Nicola DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are correct he is too cute! Well done with your choice of papers to make the most of this cute image. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4Guyz and hope to see you again real soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the use of the primary colors-goes so well with the Birdie! Good job! Thanks for playing with us at Doodle Pantry! Come back soon!
    Carolyn, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!
    Thanks for playing with us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenges this week!
    Monica - DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable cowboy chick! Thanks for joining the Critter challenge at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable! The plaid is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊