Sunday, November 16, 2014

Casual Fall Thank You Card

Happy Sunday! I hope you're having a relaxing weekend and I'm also hoping you will have time to make a card for this weeks challenge at The Paper Players. The amazing Ann has a wonderful Clean-and-Simple Thank You challenge for us this week. To start my card I chose the colors from the Pals Paper Arts Challenge to use Crushed Curry, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie. Then I remembered a layout from a previous card I made. It was from 2012 and featured an emboss resist leaf that I really wanted to duplicate using the PPA colors. I retrieved the retired French Foliage stamp set and went to work. The Crushed Curry background paper is from the Color Me Autumn dsp and to change up the design a bit, I added three Candy Dots and used the Itty Bitty Banners Thank You sentiment. Finally, I've kept a Clean-and-Simple challenge, well... clean-and simple.

Click here to check out the designs from the rest of The Paper Players. We would love to see your card in the gallery! You have until Friday, November 21st at NOON (PST) to link up your creation. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Andrea! I love the emboss resist leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, Andrea! Great colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Andrea! I love the colors and the layout. The leaf is absolutely stunning! What a perfect clean and simple thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this set, and it works so well with emboss resist. The colors are beautiful together,too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! I love the script peeking out, and this layout is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, Andrea! Love the paper you used for your background, and the bit of script behind the leaf is such a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the CAS look of this card! The layers and Candy Dots are perfect! Thanks for playing with Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the embossed leaf and background paper, with the pop of green. A gorgeous autumnal CAS thank you card Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty and CAS. Now, I so wish I would have purchased French Foliage stamp set. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fall is great and your colors and papers really accomplished what you wanted in this card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, Andrea! I love how you've used the emboss resist technique here and how there is just a pop of white. The bold colors make for a very striking card! GReat job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Andrea, your card is beautiful! I adore the French Foliage stamp set. The colors are just gorgeous and the emboss resist technique is perfect! XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andrea, this is gorgeous. Your leaf absolutely pops off the page. CAS perfection
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊