Sunday, March 15, 2015

Bloom for You Hello Card

Hello! I hope you're having a lovely day. My hubby has been outside cleaning the garage, so I decided clean up my craft room. No matter how good my intentions were, I quickly got distracted and sat down to make this Bloom for You Hello Card.  It all started with finding this already stamped and punched Bloom for You flower on my desk. It had been buried under a stack of cut paper and cardstock. I decided to make a casual card to play along at The Paper Players Clean and Simple Floral challenge.

To keep things simple, I started with a Smoky Slate card base and then cut a piece of Basic Gray cardstock 4" x 5.5" and adhered to card. Then I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock slightly smaller in width and stamped the leaves (Kinda Eclectic) in Pear Pizzazz ink. To create the center focal strip I cut a piece of patterned paper from the I am Me dsp and then embossed a piece of Smoky Slate cardstock with the Zig Zag embossing folder. The next step was adhering the layered strip to the white cardstock. Then I stamped Hello (masking the word Fall) from the Truly Grateful stamp set using Basic Gray ink. I used dimensionals to adhere the flower (it was stamped with Strawberry Slush ink) and added the center details. The last step was adhering the embosslit butterfly. That's it!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day! 

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card - beautiful layout! That flower is so pretty and I really like that embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embossed background! Such pretty colors,too. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty. I love how you used this flower. The leaves add just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really lovely card and has such nice special effects.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊